Top News
2021 Tour de France race to start in Denmark  ||   When kin of slain CRPF men were mourning, BJP was busy in inaugurations: Akhilesh  ||   HAL chief brushes aside V K Singh's remarks on Mirage 2000 crash  ||   New York on a budget: 25 ways to save on travel  ||   We can do more to prevent mass workplace shootings like Aurora, Illinois  ||   Travel time in Rajdhani trains set to reduce by at least an hour  ||   Mulayam criticises Akhilesh Yadav's alliance with Mayawati  ||   Over 60,000 killed by overloading vehicles in last 3 yrs  ||   Kentucky Derby, Preakness winner Silver Charm turning 25  ||   I was inspired by Mahatma Gandhi's teachings: Ban Ki-moon  ||   Perpetrators of terror acts must be brought swiftly to justice: UN chief  ||   CRPF jawan injured in encounter with Maoists in Chhattisgarh  ||   IIT Madras develops system to control huge crowds during Kumbh, Hajj  ||   Delhi court adjourns hearing to March 7 in Sunanda Pushkar death case against Shashi Tharoor  ||   Curfew lifted in Jammu, normal life resumes  ||   Omar, Mufti welcome India-Saudi joint statement on talks with Pak  ||   Jawans of CRPF, other forces can now take commercial flights to Kashmir Valley: MHA  ||   Amazon lessons for voters, taxpayers, New York and the 237 other places that bid for HQ2  ||   USOC realigns in attempt to help athletes off the field  ||   Terrorism, climate change biggest challenges before mankind: PM Narendra Modi  ||            

Lindsey Buckingham sues Fleetwood Mac for being kicked off tour  4 Months ago

Source:   USA Today  

Lindsey Buckingham is suing Fleetwood Mac for kicking him off the band's new tour.

In the suit, the Hollywood Reporter says the guitarist and songwriter is seeking his share of the tour because he says he still wants and is able to perform.

The suit names bandmates Mick Fleetwood, Stevie Nicks, Christine McVie and John McVie.

Buckingham claims he was told five days after the group appeared at Radio City Music Hall in January that the band would tour without him. He says he would have been paid at least $12 million for his share of the tour proceeds.

Band spokesperson Kristen Foster provided a statement to USA TODAY: "Fleetwood Mac strongly disputes the allegations presented in Mr. Buckingham’s complaint and looks forward to their day in court.  The band has retained (attorney) Dan Petrocelli to handle the case."

Buckingham, 68, joined the group in 1974 with then-girlfriend Stevie Nicks, and has been its frequent frontman and sometime songwriter for most of the years since. He wrote and sang hits such as Go Your Own Way and Tusk.

He previously left the band from 1987 to 1996, and was inducted with them into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1998. 

The more than 50-city tour began Oct. 3, with Mike Campbell and Neil Finn replacing Buckingham. 

Meanwhile, Buckingham is touring as a solo act, playing in Los Angeles Friday.

 

 

 

More News
About Us Terms & Conditions Disclaimer
Advertise Contact
register and win

NRIS.COM is one of the premier NRI website that provides a range of resourceful services to Indian expats residing in the USA. Visiting the site you will find comprehensive information related to restaurants, casinos, pubs, temples, carpool, movies, education, real estate, and forums. The simple and easy to navigate format allows NRIs to gain information within a fraction of a second. Moreover, advertising through its column of Indian free classifieds in USA allow businesses to improve visibility of their brand.

MI NRI's Chat (0 Users Online)